We’re looking for volunteers to help out with the Grunwick strike exhibition. Can you help?
“We are the lions”: an exhibition commemorating the Grunwick Strike 1976-78 runs from October 19th 2016 –March 26th 2017 at Brent Museum and Archives in Willesden.
Open Monday-Friday 9am to 8pm;
Saturday-Sunday 10am to 5pm
Forty years ago a group of workers in a backstreet Willesden factory stood up to their unfair bosses and kickstarted one of the longest and most important industrial disputes in British history. Led by Asian women, the strike challenged stereotypes, changed the face of white male trade unions and inspired others to speak out against injustice.
We need volunteers
- To sit in the gallery and oversee the space
- Where possible engage people in the exhibition and the activity space for families.
- Commit to at least 5 sessions between October and April. A session can be all day or a half day to suit you.
We can offer
- Briefing and training about the exhibition. (First briefing planned for Oct 20th 4.30pm)
- Up to £10 a session to cover out of pocket expenses
- Museum work experience and references where appropriate
Click here to email us if you can help!